Help us salute our service men and women from all branches, all eras, active and inactive.
Michael Allen Bishop
February 19, 1949 – September 07, 2009
From; Medford Oregon
Michael is survived by 4 children and 6 grandchildren
Michael was trained as a Ground Control Radio Repairman at Fort Rucker Alabama
Served in Vietnam during the Tet offensive from February 1968 – February 1969
Assigned to the 1st Battalion Mechanized 5th Infantry Unit.
Served during the Tet Offensive. The individual act of gallantry, the teamwork and the aggressiveness of the officers and men of the 1st Battalion Task Force continued throughout the period of prolonged combat operations, resulting in the resounding defeat of enemy forces in their operational area. The heroic efforts, extraordinary bravery and professional competence displayed by the men of the 1st Battalion, 5th infantry and attached units are in the great credit upon themselves, their units, and the Armed Forced of the United States.
National Defense Service Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Combat Infantryman Badge 1st Award
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon
Do you have a family member, friend or neighbor that you would like to see Saluted on the Disaster Brigade, U.S.A. Salute a Vet page?
For consideration, please submit the following;
- Your name and relationship to your veteran candidate. Example, husband, wife, cousin, friend, etc.
- Veterans name
- Date of Service Branch served and noteworthy awards and citations
- The Veterans job while in the service
- How you know the Veteran
- Picture of Vet during service and today if the Veteran is still among the living. If the Veteran is deceased please specify date of death and whether he/she was killed while serving
- Why should your Veteran be highlighted
We honor all those who have served in the United States Armed Forces and those who have supported our men and women as they left out shores to serve and protect the land and people for which they love.